I told everyone I would go to Korea when I graduated. I wasn't lying. I hope you enjoy reading about my first adventure as an adult as much as I enjoy having it. (In case you were wondering, the title of the blog isn't an acronym for anything. It's from one of my favorite songs. See first post.)

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sports Day/Teachers Day!

Every year, each school holds a "Sports Day". Also, something called "Teachers Day" happens every year. This year, they happened to be on the same day at my school.

During sports day, there are no classes and the students compete against other homeroom classes in their grade in events like relay races, three-legged race, jump roping, tug of war, etc. Also, for some reason, each class wears some sort of matching costume or outfit.

Toward the beginning. I think they were getting ready for jump roping.

Short clip of a three-legged race.

Some third grade (US 9th) students.

 Second grade student (US 8th). This picture was her idea...I don't know why she looks so miserable...

 Second grade students. I don't know why so many Korean girls cover their faces for pictures. 


 His homeroom teacher really wanted a picture of the back of my jersey (it's "April" spelled out in Korean).

Jessie Park (Park Jae-Eun). She's a first grade student (US 7th). She lived in the Philippines for a while so her English is really good. I spent a good amount of time sitting with her watching the games. I met her baby brother and her mom :P.

 The four in the middle are like my little fan club. (The two on the ends are their friends, but I don't see them very often and I don't know their names). Left to right the four are Sooyeon, Su-a, Yeojin and Dajung. They're all super sweet and funny. Su-a is the only one with any real English ability so she translates for the other three quite a bit. They're really mad at me for leaving and I'm going to miss them a ton!

Now, about Teachers Day. On this day, students give small gifts to teachers and some go back to their middle and elementary schools to visit old teachers. I got to talk to some of the previous third graders who are in high school now, which was pretty cool. 

 Su-a gave me a little flower with ribbons on it.

 Some girls who came back to visit from high school. The one on the right is Juhyeon. I don't remember the other one's name but they're both super nice and fun.

 Remember "Dongbyun Style" from a previous post? These are some of the stars who came back to visit, so they thought we should pose like this. 

My Teachers Day gifts!


Artist: TaeTiSeo
Song: Twinkle
Album: Twinkle
Released: April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment