I told everyone I would go to Korea when I graduated. I wasn't lying. I hope you enjoy reading about my first adventure as an adult as much as I enjoy having it. (In case you were wondering, the title of the blog isn't an acronym for anything. It's from one of my favorite songs. See first post.)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

UIC Reunion in Daegu!

The title of this post kind of suggests that a bunch of people from UIC came to Daegu. Really, it was just Sandy and me but I think that's good enough. Sandy is studying abroad in Seoul this semester and this past weekend she came down to Daegu to visit. I've met a lot of great people since I've been here but it was still really nice to see someone from home.

Sandy and me at E-World

By the time Sandy got to Daegu it was almost 11pm. We walked around the city for a little while and eventually settled on a place to eat. We basically got a variety of fried foods, which was fine with me. As a group of Korean men left, they started saying random things to us in Spanish. I'm not sure if they were drunk or if Sandy and I looked Hispanic to them...

The next day we decided to go to an amusement park in Daegu called E-World. I don't know what the E stands for. The park wasn't as impressive as any I've been to in the US but it was fun because it was new to us and it had some things I've never seen before. Such as this...

Pedal Roller Coaster at E-World
The view on the roller coaster shortly after I stopped recording.

There was also like a mini zoo. It was part petting zoo, part regular zoo. There were some animals you could pet and feed carrots, and others you couldn't touch. They had a really random assortment, from farm animals like sheep and pigs to more exotic animals like a monkey and chinchillas. 

There's this huge tower at the park called Woobang Tower, the tallest in Korea. One of the attractions of the park is that you can pay extra and basically zipline from up on the tower. We really wanted to do it but, for some reason, it's closed until March. I'll still be here, but Sandy might have to take a trip back :P. We did go up and check out the view, however.


Woobang Tower and the view

From the tower, we rode the sky tram thing back down to the park entrance, which gave us a good view of the park.
E-World

Once we had seen and done everything, we went to get something to eat. We chose a Korean restaurant and had samgyupsal (pork) lettuce wraps. When we got back to the area where I live, Sandy wanted ice cream (as always), so we got Baskin Robins before she left. Overall, it was a really good weekend. Next time, I'm meeting Sandy in Seoul!

Artist: Girls' Generation and Super Junior
Song: S.E.O.U.L.
Album: Promotional Single (None)
Released: December 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment